QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Miscellaneous Quilts...............













First two quilts are for Project Linus and the first one is called "The Electric Blue Chicken." I didn't realize that the color blue I had picked out was so bright until I was actually sewing them up. Hoping that some kid will think it's cute!


The second quilt I called simply "Fall Leaves." It reminds me of Fall. Oh, that it would be fall and all this hot weather would be behind us!. Just a few more weeks to go and my wish will come true!


The last two pictures show one quilt---right-side up and wrong side up, guess you pick which ever side you want to be the right side! This was a Karen Combs pattern. I didn't pick the colors with enough contrast for the yellow one, so it doesn't show up as well as the others. It was easy enough to piece, but my color choosing could have been a bit better, I think!

Going to the Plano, Texas Quilt Show with BFF Debi on Friday. Should be fun to see the quilts and the vendors-I hope there are some good ones!


Let quilting help you make someone smile!


Jan





2 comments:

Allie said...

They're wonderful Jan!! Love the electric chickens! I hope you have a wonderful time, I used to live in Plano, isn't that a hoot. Take pics if you can!

Debi said...

Great job Jan, love all the quilts especially the electric blue chickens. See you tomorrow morning!