QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Flimsy and a Quilt




A flimsy and a quilt-----------sounds like a country western song!!!! LOL!!!


The flimsy is called Summer Breeze and is from the book "
Scrap Basket Surprises." You are probably tired of me talking about that book, but I sure do like it! I have made several of the patterns in it. The fabric is Kashmir IV and I love it! It is such peaceful, pretty fabric. Reminds of a soft, peaceful summer breeze, so the author named it well!

The quilt is one for Project Linus and is named "Braided Colors". It is from the book "Bundles of Fun." It is one that I challenged myself to make all the patterns in the book. I think there is still one more to quilt from that book and I will have them all done. Getting to the quilting has taken a long, long time! My helper has been unable to do any on the big machine because of his work commitments. So I have slowly been doing them on my Bernina---the bigger ones are a challenge! But I'll keep plodding along.


Been having true fall weather here and so it's nice to sit and sew on projects or crochet on an afghan. Yesterday, at our Sit N Sew group, we got to see lots of new things from Quilt Market. Such an array of such nice things! Saw a pattern I definitely want to do, but will have to save up my pennies for that! I need a new handwork pattern, since I finished my last one a couple of weeks ago.


Let quilting help you make someone smile!


Jan

2 comments:

Terry said...

They both look great Jan! I have scrap basket surprises but haven't made anything from it yet.

Debi said...

Very nice quilts Jan, you know Scrap Basket Surprises is one of my favorites.