QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Friday, August 6, 2010

Disappearing 4 to 9 Patch







This is a new pattern I found strolling around Blogland! The pattern tutorial is here at Sew Wonderful's blog. The pictures show what I did with a scrappy one----I used a charm pack that Debi gave me called Nautical and Nice and added some lights to it. It was fun to do and I hope to have a picture soon of the whole quilt. I am making 30 blocks and will set it at 5x6 blocks. The first picture is the 4 patch block.


Next is the cutting apart of the block. You cut one inch on all 4 sides of the center seams. I used a turntable cutting board and it made it very easy to do! Then you rearrange the center blocks as shown.

Sew the block back together and viola, you have a finished block that has an entirely different look than what you started out with.

Don't forget to sign up for my 400th post give-away!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

2 comments:

Allie said...

That is a very cool block - I'll have to check it out!

Debi said...

Wow, that looks complicated. I don't know if I want to sew so many pieces together..great job!