QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Here come the quilts.......................











Three Project Linus quilts from the pile got quilted and one bigger quilt for us was finished also! I've been busy quilting and binding and Mayanrd did some, too. It's been a beehive of activity around here!! I wanted to get somewhat caught up with the quilting so that when I go to my quilting retreat and make more YBRs, I don't make the pile of quilts that need quilting sky high!!!!

The first one is called "Lavender Green" since those are the colors and I vaguely remember a song called "Lavender Blue dilly, dilly, lavender green, you'll be my queen, I'll be your king.." Ring any bells with anyone else or am I making that song up?!! LOL!!

The second one is called "Charmed, I'm Sure" because it is all charm squares. Charm squares are fun to work with aren't they--Being precut makes them so nice to just plan out a pattern and sew.

The third one is "Blue Afternoon". They don't show up but there are old fashioned boys and girls at play in a meadow with ducks and geese and even a pet lamb--very charming! I couldn't bear to cut the fabric so I left it as a whole piece and put a border around it!

The last one is called "Cabin in the Woods" and is one my daughter got me a gift certificate for the fabrics at our favorite quilt store in Columbus, Ohio, The Glass Thimble. I had a wonderful time picking out Thimbleberries fabric and pattern. This one is mine for awhile anyway!!!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

5 comments:

Barb said...

Love the quilts...

Terry said...

Great quilts Jan! And thanks for the tip about the quilt shop! Next time the kids and I go to Columbus we'll be sure to stop in there! They won't mind if I let them each pick out a fat quarter or two! :0)

Debi said...

Beautiful quilts Jan, I especially love the TB one.

Wilma Lee said...

Look at you go!!!! What is your goal for donations this year?

SandyQuilts said...

Jan are you going to NQA this year?