QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Two Quilt Tops and A Block







One more block is finished for my 1930's Sampler with Eleanor Burns! This one is called Rocky Road to Kansas and has--- "shudder"--- set-in seams. Oh my! But they went quite smoothly and don't look too bad, even if I do say so myself! Eleanor Burns instructions are so detailed in her book that if you follow everything just real close you can usually get a good outcome.



I also finished two more comfort quilt tops for Project Linus, so now I'll add to the quilting pile again. We do have one on the frame, so that's good! These are both Yellow Brick Road and I made these tops both in one day at Sit N Sew last Tuesday--they sure do go quickly--I got both of them all done except for the border on one of them and that included time spent shopping for border fabric and backings---half the fun---right????!!!!!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!


Jan

3 comments:

pollyanna said...

I love the rainbow sherbert colors of your sampler blocks. I like this block even though it has set in seams. It is just so great :) And I love when tops go together so quickly and still look like a million :) That green is delightful!

Debi said...

Great sampler block, and your quilts are wonderful. I love the greens in both quilts.

~Bren~ said...

Eleanor Burns is my favorite quilt author of all times....ok, so she is tied with Elly Sinkowic. Set in seams....my nightmare, but any block that has them is beautiful. Yours turned out great!!