QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Monday, October 13, 2008

Polka Dot Girls Block One


Finished the first block or section of my Block of the Month "Polka Dot Girls." that my friend, Debi and I are putting together. I'm liking the way the fabrics that I chose ---Sherbet from Buggy Barn---are looking with the embroidery colors. So far so good! Had a little trouble getting the squares to all match up--part of it was my fault, but part of it I think was the pattern--I'll know when Debi puts hers together and we can compare notes!

Now to think of what project I want to work on next--I have quite a few to choose from and I can't make up my mind--I think I will do another Eleanor Burns block in the 30's fabric, but I have another charms quilt that I want to make of the mystery pattern that you sew the fabric in a certain way putting plain solid squares in certain places and then cut it apart and sew back together and you get a border of triangles--I did a show and tell on that for one blog awhile back--maybe I should do another just for fun!!! I have some bright yellow fabric for the plain squares that should make a nice bright border! Always something to choose from in the sewing room!!!!

Hope you are having a great fall day like we are here in north Texas! Enjoy it while we can!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

5 comments:

Debi said...

Great block and wonderful fabrics, they really compliment the stitcheries.

kcdi said...

Ooooh, I love the fabrics you chose for you block, the whole thing is so happy feeling. I'd love to see that mystery block thing you mentioned.

pollyanna said...

I LOVE this fabric and how the embroidery looks with the fabric. I really like this quilt, Jan! Beautiful :)

Terry said...

That's just beautiful! Such lovely, happy colors! I just bought the patterns for the polka dot girls and can't wait to get started on them!

Anonymous said...

Love your girls!!

Karen in IN
merrylittlequilter.blogspot.com