QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That


A little bit of this and a little bit of that----that's how I feel about what I have been doing the last several days! I've been doing some reading and working on my Polka Dots Girls, but not getting there very fast--only have part of another big block done. The girls are having daffodil tea in the block I'm working on now and they are just so cute!


Also, as shown in the picture above, I have cut out and started on a black and white and red quilt. This was fabric that I got at the Fort Worth Quilt Show. Actually my hubby found it and liked it, so we bought it and I have been looking for a pattern ever since. Finally found this one at Blue Ribbon Quilt Shoppe and started it! It's called "Archipelago" which I can't pronounce, but I knew I liked it anyway!!!! I'm using red where the little blue pieces are. The pattern is from Blue Underground Studios, Inc.
Have been enjoying the lovely fall weather here, too. The roses are taking on a second wind and blooming again--fall roses are so pretty because they are unexpected, I think!
Let quilting help you make someone smile!
Jan

4 comments:

Debi said...

Wow, I love that pattern, and with the red/white/black your quilt is going to be striking. If you find you dont' like it, I would gladly take it off your hands! lol

julieQ said...

Really cute how your polkadot girls are turning out. Enjoy your sewing/quilting time!

pollyanna said...

That is going to be one great quilt! I love the pattern! Very cute :)

dd2 said...

I think this pattern will be great with those fabrics. You have such a great eye. How are you able to see the end result while only looking at the pieces? Amazing!