QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Monday, November 5, 2007

Jelly Roll Quilt Blocks!


Well, I got a good start on my Jelly roll quilt blocks and here's 4 of them. I love the fabrics. They are called Shangri-la by 3 Sisters for Moda . I had to pick out 4 red FQs and border fabric to go with them. The border fabrics are tan, black with small tan dots and red. We'll see how I did as I put it together!! Sometimes it's easy to pick out fabric and other times I really get bogged down. This was one of the easier times and I don't really know why--maybe there wasn't overchoice--do you feel sometimes that there's too much of a good thing and you are overwhelmed? This is probably the opposite of what a lot of people feel, but I'm happier with less rather than more! Show me 5 choices rather than 15 and I can make a decision!!! (Maybe!!)

Of course, I always like to buy fabric from my favorite LQS and have my friends at Tuesday Sit N Sew help me pick out the fabrics--we help each other all the time pick out the best fabric for whatever we are working on and what fun that is! But we always remind the person we are helping that in the end..."It's your quilt!!!"

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

No comments: