QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Selvage Edge Quilt Blocks

These are two blocks that I have been making for another selvage edge quilt.  Twelve blocks are covered completely covered with selvage edges and 24 blocks are only covered one-half of the way, making half-square triangle blocks.  The pattern for the quilt will be Old Maid blocks.

The pattern is from the book:  "Quilts from the Selvage Edge" by Karen Griska.  It has some neat patterns in it for selvage edges.  This is the second quilt from the book that I have made.

I'm also working on a train quilt for my hubby for Christmas.  He has quite a bit of train things and really enjoys trains.  It starts with panel and has matching fabric for the rest of it.  I try to work on it while he is not here.  But then I got to thinking,   he's going to quilt it, so maybe I'll have to give him just the top for his Christmas present!

I also have three embroidery quilts going------I work on those during Sit and Sew on Tuesdays.  Nice to have some pick-up work.

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

2 comments:

Debi said...

Very nice blocks, love the selvedge effect.

Debi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.