QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Thursday, August 29, 2013

New Quilts and a Flimsy

 Excuse  the sunlight on this quilt---it's hard to see because it is pastels.  It is a circle of stars and comes from Thimble Blossoms.  Not hard to do, if you pay mind to the directions!  It's quilted with a meandering design.
 These hearts look like they are floating almost---they remind me of hot-air balloons.  It is quilted  with hearts.  This one is called "Happy Hearts" and is from the book, "Quilt It With Love.  The Project Linus Story."   I  hope to make all the quilts in the book by someday!!!
This is a Yellow Brick Road done with some of the Fat Quarters I won at the last DFW Retreat.  I won enough FQ's to make 15 YBR quilts!!!  Isn't that fantastic??!!  I won twice at the Fat Quarter Lotto and one of the girls (Thanks, Brenda) gave me her winnings!  Slowly, but surely I will get them all done!  YBR's  are fun to do!

We just had a great Sit and Sew with the DFW Gang at "OH, Sew Cool Quilt Shop" in Pantego, TX last Saturday.  We had 10 people there and had so much fun.  The organizers (Thanks Marje and Dorothy) did a good job of getting everything together!  The quilt shop was very nice, too.

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

1 comment:

Debi said...

It was a really fun time. I love it when we can get together.