QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Quilt Show and Two New Tops

Hope some of you got to go to the International Quilt Festival in Houston.  It was wonderful!  We were there for 2 days and had such a great time.  I don't think we saw everything even with being there two days----it wasn't because we didn't try!!  LOL!  I even got to sew a quilt top at the Project Linus booth---what a neat set-up they had.  The kits were ready and all you had to do was sew straight lines.  I saw a couple of kids sewing, too.  It was nice to see that they could participate too.  Made me really want to come home and sew and so I did.


Here are two log cabin quilt tops I did from a layer cake from the line called "Amelia."  It is very bright and cheerful.  Fun to work with!

Project Linus has published book written by National Vice President Mary Balagna and President of  Project Linus Carol Babbitt.  The book is "Quilt It With Love,  The Project Linus Story."  It has 20 patterns in it and I have called it another challenge book. I want to try to make all the patterns in it within the next year.  Should be a fun challenge to myself!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

2 comments:

Lynn W. said...

Those are beautiful log cabin quilts, Jan. I need to find the fabric line and check it out. I don't remember if you mentioned the mfg. or just the line.

Terry said...

Very pretty! That's such a fun fabric line! :0)