QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Friday, March 30, 2012

Sheep and Red Picket Fence

There are four panels like this one that go on the top for the Little Red Barns quilt.  Now I'm working on the stars and geese for the outside border.  They are done a different way.  It's called Cutting Corners and is from Sharyn Craig.  The directions in the pattern gave her credit, but also showed how to do the method without her ruler.  It's a neat way of doing geese.  You simply measure and cut off the corners and then sew the triangles on.  I sure wish I could think of some of these things that other people come up with!!!!  I'm hoping to be able to cut the stars out with my Accucut GO! cutter.  Have to see if the star template  they have will fit in the space.  Not to that point quite yet.

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

2 comments:

Allie said...

That is SO CUTE - I can't wait to see this quilt put together!

Debi said...

I love the red picket fence. Hope you had a good weekend.