QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Friday, March 2, 2012

One for Me and Two for Project Linus!

After about a year of embroidering 40 flowers, I have finished the Country Garden quilt---just have to sew down the binding!  I am happy to get this one done, because it has not turned out to be one of my favorite quilts.  But I can't put my finger on just what it is that is wrong with it-----------ah, well, we all have our likes and dislikes.  Have you ever had a quilt that doesn't speak to you in a kind way?!  LOL!

 Here is a closeup of the flower. 


the one below is called Countryside.
 This one is called Out West.
 So far, March has come in like a lamb---high 70's and even up to 80.  Wonder where winter went?  Guess I shouldn't wish for the storms that some of you have been getting though.  Hope you all stay safe.

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

5 comments:

Debi said...

They are all so pretty. I am going to guess that you not liking the embroidered one is most likely because you have been working on it for a while. Put it away and pull it out in a few months and you will feel differently.

Allie said...

Oh they're all beautiful - love the embroidered one!!! Maybe you should do like Debi says and put it away, sometimes when I work on something for a long time, I get really really sick of it. Then later, I like it again. *G* I know, I'm fickle like that.

We're having pouring rain at the moment....at least it's not snow!

~Bren~ said...

Your quilt certainly spoke to ME!! It is beautiful and I love the era fabrics you put with it! Perfect!!

Myra said...

That is a lot of embroidery Jan and I think it looks great.

Terry said...

Your quilt is just lovely Jan! It's a shame though to put all that work into it and then not love it. Getting it done is still a good thing though. :0)