QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Two more for Project Linus




Stayed in today because we had a sleet/ice storm, so I quilted and finished the binding on a couple of quilts---only 26 degrees outside, so a good day to stay in under a quilt and work on another one! My little dog Buster snuggled up beside me wanting to stay warm, too!

The first quilt is called "Summer Breeze" (just what we need right now!) It looks washed out, but that's just the camera playing tricks on me---it is a light pastel and the fabric is called Kashmir IV. The quilt is a little bit bigger than some I make, so I'm hoping some teenage girl will like it.

The second quilt I called "Little Boxes in Big Boxes." This one was fun to do and went fairly quickly. Now there is only one quilt left to quilt and Maynard is going to do that one on the big machine.

So now I'm working on the Quilt Blocks on Barns blocks from Quilt in a Day. I have one more barn to make and about 7 more blocks The blocks are small, since I am doing the smaller size quilt, they are 6" finished. The blocks that go on the barns are 1 1/2 - 2" big. Those ones are a challenge for me. The best way I have found to do them is to make them bigger and then cut them down to size. Of course, that doesn't work on all blocks! One of them had 27 pieces and she suggested using a fuzzy-cut quilt from fabric---that was a great idea to me!!!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

3 comments:

Terry said...

Pretty quilts! It was a good day to stay inside here too, but I didn't get much sewing done! Then again, there's always tomorrow! :0)

Debi said...

Great quilts Jan, you know how much I love Kashmir IV and these quilts!

Barb said...

wow.....love them....you sure get alot done.