QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Piccadilly Baskets Quilt Top



This is a terrible picture, but my quilt holder is not home and I tried to take a picture of a quilt top that does need a good bit of ironing and I don't want to do that until I'm ready to quilt, so I apologize to you!!!! whew! The quilt is bigger than the hanging space so hence the wrinkle! This one is called Piccadilly Baskets and was so much fun to do!!!!! It's 30's fabrics and embroidery colors and I used my scraps for the baskets. But you know what I'm going to say next----------------the scrap pile didn't go down much! There's a closeup picture of one of the baskets. They were all set on point. The pattern was different in that the seams for all the settings were 1/2"-------that was hard to remember until I put a piece of masking tape down on my machine.


I'm really into basket quilts, it seems. There's just something neat about them, I guess. There certainly are lots of different ones! I'm also working on the Aunt Bea's Parlor ones again, but this time doing them in Redwork. My friend, Jackie did a quilt that way and it is beautiful. I asked if I could copy her and she said "yes," so I'm working on that. I'll post a picture when I get a few done. I have one done so far and I am liking how they look! They are fun to do!


Let quilting help you make someone smile!


Jan

3 comments:

Terry said...

What lovely baskets! I can't seem to use up much of my fabric no matter what I do! LOL

Allie said...

Wow this is sooo pretty!!!!! I really love it!

Quilted Quickies said...

Beeeautiful. I love baskets too. Wonderful work!!