QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Monday, November 30, 2009

What an adventure!


It truly was an adventure---finding quilt shops in nice little towns and finding Fredericksburg with it's quaint little shops with all kinds of goodies! We shopped until I literally dropped, but it was so much fun! The picture shows some of the items we got---especially the fabrics-----one shop must have known we were coming because they were having a 40% off sale---now there was serious shopping done there! Can't show the rest of the things we got because they are presents and some of the people read this blog!!!! LOL!!!


While I looked around at the fabric, Maynard was busy matching up FQs for Project Linus quilts---he picked out some good ones---I have more that I couldn't fit in the picture even. I got a lovely kit (the brown with flowers fabric.) The little bouquet in a basket is from the Sandy Jenkins Embroidery Store. What a neat place Simply blew my mind away and I got to talk to her---what a neat lady. It is for a table runner, but I'm going to do it on a smaller piece and frame mine.


We also got to see our grandboys at the end of the week-end, so that made it a great trip all in all. They are growing up so fast! (seeing their Mom and Dad was nice, too!!!)


Now to get back to normal if there is such a thing! I have 3 Christmas parties this week-end---my list of things to do has a list!!! It will be lots of fun and I hope I can keep everything straight!!!


Let quilting help you make someone smile!


Jan

1 comment:

Allie said...

That sounds SO fun and I love all the goodies you got! So glad you got to spend time with family. Three parties in one weekend - oh my!!!!!!!