QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Two for One


When using this pattern, I realized that it was big enough to make 2 separate Project linus quilts instead of one quilt, so that's what I did! It used one Jelly Roll. The Jelly Roll was "Swanky" by Chez Moi for Moda and was given to me by my dear friend Debi. Lots of little pieces, but it actually went quite quickly! I named it Sparkling Stepping Stones---such a big name for a small quilt!!! LOL!!

Today I'm pulling fabric from my stash to make another chicken quilt. One of the girls from Sit N Sew on Tuesdays (Dequita) decided to go halvsies (is that a word?!) on the pattern so we each will have a chicken quilt. I'm making mine first. Don't know how I got onto chickens, but anyway here I am. The chickens are very cute and are wearing bandanas around their necks and have eggs that match their bodies. The name of the pattern is Chicken For Dinner and it is published by Black Cat Creations.

I have 2 more baskets to embroider and I will be able to put together the Aunt Bea's Parlor basket quilt. It uses 1930's fabrics. Now I need to find something else to embroider or do hand work on!!!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

6 comments:

Crispy said...

Let's see, where to start....

I'm not a huge fan of the stepping stone pattern but I really LOVE it in the pastels, some little one will be so happy with this quilt.

That chicken pattern made me LOL. I love chicken patterns and have a collection of them...not that I've made any yet, but I just might have to purchase this one too.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Basket quilt when you are done with it. It's a really pretty pattern.

You are such a busy gal Jan :0)

Crispy

Unknown said...

Would love the name/creator of this pattern - so pretty...Would love to give it a go myself :) lovely job hon :)
Hugs,
Erika

Lynn W. said...

Stepping stones is a cute and happy quilt. It'll make someone smile. And I had to laugh at the chicken pattern. I'm not into chickens but if I was those are the kind I'd like. Thanks for sharing photo & links. Lynn

Debi said...

Your quilt is so cute, and I just love that fabric line. I also LOL at the chicken quilt. Although I am not a chicken fan, I could see myself making that one!

Barb said...

I checked out that "Chicken for Dinner", how cute...have you checked out the fat cat designs? They are awesome.

Gari in AL said...

I love the Chicken quilt. I would think of making one for my mother.