QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Monday, February 11, 2008

Another Fun Shopping Day!




Yesterday we decided to go on an "adventure" and started off for the Grapevine Mall which is about an hour and a half to two hour drive from us. We had a lot of fun walking the mall and shopping in the JC Penny outlet store--we even found some bargains! The best place for me was stopping at Quilt Country Quilt Shop in Lewisville, Texas. There I picked up more FQs to go along with the ones that Debi gave me yesterday--they are in the Flirtations line and are so cute! I'm going to make a Yellow Brick Road from those. Then I picked out the fabrics for a Granny's Garden, another pattern that Debi gave me (she is so generous!!!) It is a black background and then all the bright colors that you see in the picture. I think it will be a fun quilt. Of course with my surgery being tomorrow I won't be able to work on it for awhile, but I know it will be there waiting for me along with all the other projects that need finishing--gives me something to look forward, too!!

This morning I finished another purse block in the Heirloom Romance quilt. This is Purse #4. These are coming along quite quickly and are quite enjoyable to do.

This will be my last post for awhile--don't know when I will be up to another one. Tomorrow is my surgery and I really don't know how soon I will feel up to typing one-handed. They have all ready warned me that this is a painful surgery and that I will be in an arm sling for 6 weeks. So I am expecting the worst and then maybe it won't be as bad as I think!!! So see you on the other side of the hospital stay!!! LOL!!!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

5 comments:

Debi said...

What a great stash...never enough fabric, eh? Your purse block is gorgeous, you do such fantastic work. Now take care of yourself..and I will see you tomorrow!

Jeanne said...

Jan, I'll be thinking positive thoughts and sending prayers for a successful surgery. I hope your recovery time is short and that you'll be back with a post soon. I'll miss you while you are recovering.

Myra said...

Jan - hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery. I'll miss you!

Ruth Ann said...

You've been Tagged! See my blog.

julieQ said...

Fun to shop, eh? I pray for your safe passage through surgery and recovery. I just had surgery too!!