Welcome to my blog!

Friday, March 22, 2013

Two blocks from a Block of the Month

These are two blocks from A BOM at Open Gates Blog.  She has 2 different rulers that she strongly suggests you use for the pattern, but I didn't purchase them and am having quite a time now on the third block trying to figure it out.  But I will get it sooner or later.   
I'm sorry, but I can't see buying a ruler for using for only one quilt.  Besides I have lots of rulers and should be able to figure this out!  She does these blocks in such different ways that I have never done before, so this is quite a learning experience!  I do like the way they are turning out though.  You have your choice of doing six blocks or twelve.  Guess which layout I'm doing!!!!!  Maybe I'll change my mind when I get six made!!!!

Having gloomy, wet weather here---good day to sit at the sewing machine------------after I go and get the groceries----not my favorite thing to do!!!  Anybody out there like that job?  Highs only in the 40's and low 50's the next few days.

Tomorrow we will go to a Quilt Show in Tyler.  It is not a very big one, but is a nice one.  We will get to see the azaleas in bloom, too and eat at our favorite barbecue place, Rudy's!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!



Cindy Sharp said...

Nice blocks. You should go ahead and do all 12!

Terry said...

Your blocks look great! :0)

ponderpiggy said...

Again, beautiful work, Jan!!! How big are the blocks? I'll cruise over to the blog later when I have time.
I'm doing a BOM thru the local guild here...it's actually online, so have been able to print off all the blocks, etc. I'm doing 2 colorways...one red/white/blue that I will donate...probably to the Marine Corps base here, and the other in dark blue/orange/cream...am making 2 of each of these so the quilt will be big enough for mom's bed...with a few left over for pillow shams.