QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Monday, October 8, 2012

Two Retreats!





What a week I had----full of fun and quilting!  Two retreats in one week.  Monday through Wednesday was spent with the girls from Sit and Sew.  A day off on Thursday to do laundry.  And on Friday off to another retreat with the girls I have met online--the DFW Gang.

The top three pics are from the first retreat and the bottom two from the second retreat.  Both facilities were wonderful.  Create-A-Way near Collinsville and Rayline's Retreat in Springtown.  The second facility had a family of ducks that even came up and tapped on the door for us to come out and feed them---we had a good laugh at them!

It was so much fun laughing and talking to everyone.  What nice ladies go to these retreats.  Now it's back to the mundane, everyday tasks.  Doing lots of laundry to catch up today.  Even though I have to brag, my hubby did laundry while I was gone and *gasp*  he made out the menus for the meals this week AND went grocery shopping for them!  He is a keeper!  After 44 years, he still gets my vote!!!!!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

4 comments:

Debi said...

Yes it was an amazing time had by all! So glad you were able to come be with us too! Yes I agree Maynard is a keeper...have a terrific week!

Allie said...

Oh my that looks fun - but I'd be worn out by now, lol! Tell hubby he gets my vote too!

Wilma Lee said...

Love the circles quilt.

Barb said...

It was awfully fun! Great meeting you!