QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Lots of Quilts!
































Doing Yellow Brick Roads and other patterns assembly line style yields a lot of quilts all at once. Therefore, I have lots of quilts to show you today!


The first one is not a Project Linus quilt, but the rest are. This first one was one I started back in 2008 and am just finishing now. I tried to quilt it by hand since I had pieced it by hand, but ended up taking out the quilting. I tried to be very careful, but ended up stretching it. So the only thing we could do was to put it on the big quilting machine to "coax" it into shape. And it turned out pretty good.


The next quilt is called "Window Kitties" and is one of four that are that pattern---they only differ with the last border, so I only posted one picture. This was a pack of 5 yards of material and I was able to get four quilts out of it. Picked it up at the Dallas Quilt Show.


The next happy, bright one is named "Lucky Charms." It has ladybugs on it and is my favorite because it is so bright!


Next is a western theme that I hope some little boy will like. I try to find things for boys and sometimes that is hard to do. We called it "Boot Scootin' Again."


The next quilt has a theme is color crayons, so we named it "Color Me Happy." I had help naming some of these because I was at retreat when I made the Yellow Brick Roads and my fellow quilters were helping name them! What fun!


The last one is a bigger one and is one of the 5-yard quilt kits. I called it "Pink Peonies."


Nice weather today---it is cloudy and temp has not gotten above 95 here--hurrah!!!Maybe the hot spell has broken for awhile!


Thanks for stopping by!


Let quilting help you make someone smile!


Jan


4 comments:

Allie said...

Oh Jan you are incredible - those are so great! But I dearly love that first one, very unusual and the colors are so beautiful. That's the prettiest hexagon quilt I've ever seen!
Glad you got some cooler temps - now for some much-needed RAIN!

Anne Gentle said...

Wow that first one is amazing. I think I really like grandmother's flower garden, it's just gorgeous!

Debi said...

Beautiful as always Jan.

julieQ said...

And what fun to see all those fun quilts you have been turning out!!!