QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Monday, July 4, 2011

New Adventure in Quilting!









Tried something new this week and it was fun! The grandgirls had sent us pictures that they had drawn and I decided to try to make mini quilts out of them It was an adventure and fun at the same time. I used their pictures as patterns and there you go..................




The top picture shows Ilena's picture. She is 5 years old and drew a picture of a rain storm with raindrops and all and a rainbow----that was quite a challenge, I used a quilt stencil for the baptist fan for the rainbow. It worked quite well!




The second picture shows Isabel's "quilt" picture. She is 8 years old. Her Art teacher got them started making "quilts" by just drawing a grid for them. Some I made into 2.5" squares. Others are 3.5 x 4.5" rectangles. Some I had to add to to make them the right size---I just played with them until they were right. I used all bright and happy colors. This one was lots of fun to do!




Hope you all had a Happy Fourth of July and remembered the soldiers that give of themselves in service to this country that we can remain free! Thanks to all of them!




Let quilting help you give someone a smile!




Jan

2 comments:

Allie said...

DARLING!!! I just love them - what a great thing to do. What do the girls think, have they seen them yet?

Debi said...

They are both adorable you did a terrific job of recreating the girls' art!