QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Pointy Pinwheels Blocks



Finished a Yellow Brick Road top that needs to be quilted, but couldn't wait to see what this block looked like so I started making these Pointy Pinwheel blocks instead of quilting. Do you do that, too???! I really like these and they are fun to do. I found the pattern for free with a mailing that came from Fons and Porter many moons ago. I'm using batiks that I have gathered over the years and the pile didn't go down at all. My friend JoAnn at Sit and Sew gave me a pile of batiks, too and I wondered what I would do with them and here they are!! I may have to do a couple of these quilts!!


Let quilting help you make someone smile!!


Jan


4 comments:

Lynn W. said...

Darling blocks and they will look great with batiks. Does the point start as a rectangle? I know you will make some adorable quilts with this pattern.

Allie said...

They're so cute - and I LOVE them in batiks!

Debi said...

Very cute pinwheels...I love the batiks.

pollyanna said...

I like those blocks. What do you have in mind for them? And I love batiks!