The first picture show the Star of the Show blocks as I had them part way made, confusion reigned!!! Then the second picture shows the top done! It was an "out of the box" challenge for me to do this quilt top , but I perserved and finished it! I'm very happy with what I did except the yellow might be a bit too bright, but it's there to stay now and I'll get used to it. Hubby says he likes it, so that's good!!!!! I have to get some backing fabric for it and get it quilted---I think I'll have Maynard do it with a meandering star in maybe a dark red thread. That will something a little bit different.
The third picture I called Zig Zag Polka Dots. It is a new pattern that didn't quite work out for me. You can find it here. She called it an Easy Peasy Quilt. Well, it was, except I couldn't get enough 9 1/2" blocks out of each strip that I sewed together. So I made them 8" blocks and sewed those together. With the borders I still got a 42" x 56" quilt----a nice size for Project Linus. I know that Project Linus likes them all sizes because kids come in all sizes, so I hope someone will like this bright quilt!!!
Let quilting help you make someone smile!