QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Friday, April 9, 2010

"Plarn" Bedroll finished




I finished the "plarn" bedroll---it is huge, but someone will be sure to use it! It took a month to make (working off and on) and 13 balls of "plarn." The literature on this project says that one bedroll takes about 900 plastic bags. That's quite a saving of bags ending up in the landfill. The first picture shows it rolled up into a bedroll held together with the handle. The second picture shows it laying out for use. It's much softer than you think it would be. (That's the leaf of a plant showing in the lower right hand corner!)
Let quilting help you make someone smile!
Jan

3 comments:

Terry said...

That's so cool! And such a good way to use plastic bags! :0)

julieQ said...

Is it woven, or crocheted? I could make one of these...I have tons of bags.

Allie said...

Good for you! I can't remember how many my mum made before she had to quit - it's NOT EASY.