QUILTER JAN

Welcome to my blog!

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fairfax County Fair Quilt


This is the quilt called Fairfax County Fair --it was lots of fun to do---the stars were all fussy cut, not appliqued---yah!!!!!!! As long as you paid attention to what you were doing, it went together very well! Now I'm working on a little mini quilt that I saw in a magazine to use up some of those wonderful little stars.

We delivered some more quilts today for Project Linus--we take them to a LQS--Happiness Is.......................Quilting in McKinney, where they are picked up and taken somewhere to be distributed in the Dallas, Grayson, Collin and Rockwall Counties area. I had eleven in the pile to go this time. Now to get busy quilting some more!!!

It was a beautiful morning--sun was shining and not a cloud in the blue sky, but by 2:00 the skies had clouded over and the rain was moving in. Now it has been raining steady---looks like it will last all night, well, we can use the rain! I like to lay in bed at night and listen to the rain (as long as there's no thunder and lightning) because it seems so peaceful!

Let quilting help you make someone smile!

Jan

3 comments:

Debi said...

I love that quilt Jan, it is beautiful. I also have a pile of quilts and blankets to take to McKinney. I don't know when I will make it up there in the next few weeks.

Myra said...

Oh I really like this one Jan. That bit of blue just gives it the spark it needs. Great job!

Allie said...

That's beautiful Jan!!! And wow, 11 quilts? You are a rock star.